Over time my client has expanded organically and through acquisition and now has three sites. Throughout the company’s development the core element that runs through the entire business is first class customer service. This exists at all levels of the business and is as important as a multi-million turnover business now as when we first started. Continuous improvement is essential for my client to stay at the forefront of their chosen sectors and they have a continuous investment programme in technology, vehicles and people to ensure the best service possible for their customers.
About The Role:
Responsible for the management of Drivers, Assignments of Owner Ops and Dispatch zones.
• Manage and closely monitor Drivers in high paced environment.
• Will be required to route inbound freight
• Responsible for securing third party freight through brokers to increase revenue
• Familiar with all commercial zone
• Issuing collections
• Driver de-brief
• Completing the end of day procedures
• Expected to perform at 99.5% on time performance.
• Ensure that work is distributed equally among all drivers.
• Understand all customer pickup and delivery procedures.
• Remind Driver daily to drive safe and be aware of their surroundings at all times.
• Drivers are to be reminded periodically of all pick up and delivery procedures.
• Be able to react to emergency or urgent situations as they occur and follow emergency and/or accident company protocol.
Education and/or Experience Previous experience gained within logistics environment
Computer Skills Internal Logistics packages and Excel
Monday to Thursday 11:45am – 8pm
Friday 11:30am – 8pm
One Saturday in five 7am – 12pm